Gel Nails: This Is All You Need To Know Before Doing Them
Here you will find answers to all those questions you have been asking yourself about gel nails. Do you want to try them?
Gel nails are super trendy, and you may be considering trying them. Before launching, please take a look at all this information that we have compiled for you because we are sure that we will solve all the doubts you have about it.
And choose well the center in which you perform them! The cheapest can be expensive if we leave it in inexperienced hands.
1. What Are Gel Nails?
They are a type of artificial nail made with a special gel. It is applied with a brush and is modified until it has the desired shape on top of the well-cleaned and filed nail.
It is then dried under an ultraviolet lamp to harden. Afterward, they can be decorated as you always prefer, curing them under the light.
How Is The Process Step By Step?
- The first step is to cut and file the nails, clean them well with neutral soap and remove the cuticle.
- Afterward, the nail plate is filed to remove the shine and facilitate the adhesion of the gel.
- The third step would be to sculpt the shape of the nail with the help of a brush and dry it in an ultraviolet lamp, a process that lasts approximately an hour and a quarter.
- And once you have the desired shape and length, you can choose the enamel and decoration.
2. Which Is Better: Gel Or Acrylic Nails?
The gel usually looks more natural than acrylic. There is no better or worse, and it depends on the needs and tastes of each person.
The most significant difference between one type and another lies in the way to remove them, but in any case, this task must be left in expert hands.
3. How Long Can You Have Gel Nails?
The duration of gel nails can be extended to two months, but they must be touched up every two or three weeks at the manicure center to fill in the area of the nail that is growing and shows under the gel so that it does not look ugly.
This frequency will also depend on how fast they grow and what bothers you or does not bother you to see an undecorated area.
4. How Can Gel Nails Be Removed?
The acrylic ones are removed with acetone, while the gel ones must be filed with a drill. A professional must perform this technique to not endanger the integrity of your natural nails or that of the skin that surrounds them.
Meet the Author
Beauty Gazelle is a multi-concept Beauty News & Trends Blog. Our Gazingly blog posts are beautiful perfect enough. Beauty Gazelle is a clean and functional blog with many useful features that deliver an amazing user experience to our clients and readers.Learn more