Sweet Gymnastics: The Ideal Type Of Exercise If You Do Not Like To Play Sports
A gentle, low-impact way of practicing sport with many benefits that will help you take care of your body and mind. The best? It is suitable for everyone!
Sweet gymnastics is based on exercises that seek to improve the body and relax the mind. Just because it’s called sweet doesn’t mean it’s not practical. It is about exercising “in another way,” without crushing yourself, putting the body’s needs first, not the sports goals.
1. What Is Sweet Gymnastics?
Sweet gymnastics aims to tone the muscles and improve joint mobility, elasticity, and agility. In addition, positive effects are obtained for the mind in the process, such as reducing stress.
This gymnastics is based on low-impact exercises with little weight load developed at a calm pace to focus attention on posture, breathing, etc. Stretching also takes up a large part of the practice.
2. The Differences Between Sweet Gymnastics And Pilates Or Yoga
The objectives of these disciplines are the same, what changes in the technique. For example, pilates focuses above all on working the core, the abdominal area.
In the case of yoga, there may be differences in the rhythm of the exercises depending on the branch of yoga with which it is compared.
But, in essence, they share many things because the three disciplines work on mobility, resistance, and flexibility, in addition to having benefits for the mind, something that they also have in common with other disciplines such as tai chi or body balance.
3. The Benefits Of Sweet Gymnastics On The Body
It tones the muscles. The exercises focus on improving muscle condition and tone. Although the whole body is worked, the muscular reinforcement is more noticeable in the lower back, abdominal waist, legs, and buttocks, which notably helps prevent back pain.
Improve posture. Precisely, the muscular reinforcement of the central area of the body, the ass, and the legs helps adopt a good posture. In addition, the teacher usually insists a lot on the positioning of the body before each exercise, so possible vices are also corrected.
- Work flexibility. Stretching exercises help improve it. This work also helps undo possible muscle contractures.
- Improves body awareness. In this discipline, proprioception is taken into account, that is, becoming aware of how our body is and the place it occupies in space.
- Prevents osteoporosis. Including exercises with no impact is not an extreme sport for the bones or muscles and can help delay osteoporosis.
- Strengthens the heart. When performing exercises such as squats improves cardiac capacity.
4. Benefits For The Mind
Empty the mind. Being a discipline that requires great awareness of the posture adopted and how the exercise is carried out makes the mind focus on the here and now and free from mental “noise.”
- Concentration. It is precisely the attention and precision you have to carry out the exercises that enhance concentration.
- Relaxation. Stress is relieved because, on the one hand, the mind escapes from problems and, on the other hand, the body relaxes thanks to stretching exercises.
- Improve sleep. As a consequence of all of the above, it favors rest when sleep problems are linked to stress.
- More vital. Sweet gymnastics also helps to improve mood and make us feel more full of energy.
5. Is Sweet Gymnastics A Good Help To Lose Weight?
Having good muscle health, which is one of the goals of this sport, is always helpful in losing weight since muscle burns more calories than fat.
For this reason, sweet gymnastics can help if it is part of a healthy lifestyle. A light diet is followed, accompanied by other exercises of a more cardiovascular type, such as walking, running, swimming, cycling, skating, etc.
6. Who Can Do Sweet Gymnastics?
It is affordable for everyone because it adapts to all ages and conditions. It can be practiced by women at any stage of their life, including pregnancy. And also, athletes who have suffered injuries when practicing other types of disciplines that are more harmful to the joints.
In addition, it is also recommended for older people with joint problems. However, as in any other sport, people with health problems should consult their doctor or physical therapist before doing so.
7. Three Sweet Gymnastics Exercises
- Squat. Standing with your legs hip-width apart, lower yourself down with your back straight, bending your knees until they form a 90º angle. If you have trouble, do it against the wall.
- lunges Start with one leg forward and the other back, reaching for the ground with this knee. Keep your chest up. Get up and change the position of the legs (with or without jumping).
- Iron. Lie on your stomach and support your forearms and the balls of your feet. Hold with your back straight, pelvis neutral, and navel tucked in. The elbows should be in line with the shoulders.
8. How To Get Started In Sweet Gymnastics?
The ideal is to do it with a monitor that can correct our posture and guide us in performing the exercises. For this, it is best to be able to count on a private trainer or follow classes in small groups of no more than 4 to 6 people so that there is personalized follow-up.
Later, once a good technique has been acquired, it can be done at home. Anyway, as in any other sports discipline, sharing it with other people also helps improve practice and has mental benefits when socializing and leaving home.
9. What Is Needed To Practice Sweet Gymnastics?
It is only necessary to wear comfortable sports clothing that allows movement. A mat like a yoga mat and some support elements such as dumbbells, rubber bands, or balls may be other requirements, although it depends on whether the exercise is done at home or in a sports center.
Meet the Author
Beauty Gazelle is a multi-concept Beauty News & Trends Blog. Our Gazingly blog posts are beautiful perfect enough. Beauty Gazelle is a clean and functional blog with many useful features that deliver an amazing user experience to our clients and readers.Learn more